VIN number check involves the process of checking the Vehicle Identification Numberto get information about a second-hand vehicle. The VIN number is a 17-digit secure serial number that is present below the bonnet of every vehicle.
You can use the VIN number check if you are either planning to buy a second-hand vehicle from any dealer or planning to sell an existing vehicle to a customer. Undertaking this process ensures that there is complete faith between the buyer and the seller.
What does the motor vehicle search involve?
You mustundertake the VIN number check to conduct an online search for a particular motor vehicle. Thecheck willscrutinize all the details about the vehicle that is to be sold/purchased. Following are the additional benefits of doing a VIN check search:
- It gives you a comprehensive list of the vehicle’s important details like age, current location, date of last service, original cost, current owner’s name,etc.
- It provides you with a detailed accident history and the damage to life and property due to collisions or natural calamities.
- It will also give information on extra expenses incurred for painting, repairs, customization, etc.
- You can check if the car is within the warranty period with regard to its parts,
- The VIN check will also tell you if the car being sold is stolen.
Note: The last point is very crucial when you want to purchase a second-hand vehicle. If you buy a car without getting the VIN number check done, the seller may give you a stolen car which will be repossessed eventually.
The benefits to the seller include:
- The VIN check process will give you, the seller, a complete overview of the vehicle’s technical specifications which you will need while striking the deal,
- It will give details on the mileage and cost-effectivieness of the vehicle, including its past history.
What is quick VIN number check?
A quick VIN number check is one of the easiest methods you can use to track a vehicle’s information. Following is the method to check the VIN number online:
- The seller can locate the VIN number of the car by checking:
- Under the bonnet of the vehicle,
- On the windshield of the vehicle,
- In the owner’s manual which comes with the vehicle.
- If you are a buyer, you will have to obtain the VIN number from the seller.
- Once you have the VIN number, visit the authorized VIN checking site for your city in Australia and enter the correct VIN number. Please make sure you are entering the correct number or else you will get information that is relevant to some other vehicle.
- The site will automatically look for an identical match with the VIN number in its database and generate a detailed report about the vehicle you are searching.
In conclusion, VIN number check is a simple, quick and effective way in finding about a vehicle’s authenticity and securing reliability during a purchase or a sale.